Fake Tan Dos and Don’ts - Tanning Drops
- Exfoliate your face to remove dead skin cells. This will help your tan to glide on smoothly and encourage your glow to last longer.
- If using on the body, exfoliate skin using a body brush or body scrub,.
- For the face – mix the drops with your moisturizer to apply.
- For the body - mix the drops with your moisturizer to apply.
- Wash hands after applying the tan, otherwise your palms will be brown!
- Keep skin moisturized after tanning.
- Shower over bathing to prolong the tan on your body and pat dry rather than rub.
- Use the Lucy Bee AHA Dazzling Tonic to remove any unwanted tan on the palms of hands, nails, etc.
- Apply a little Lucy Bee Face Cream to nails prior to tanning to prevent staining.
- Apply all the way up until the hair line so the tan looks natural. Keep hair back with a headband.
- Make sure your skin is dry before applying tan.
- Apply any deodorant, perfume or makeup before you tan your body.
- Wear makeup or jewelry when you do your tan.
- Get sweaty while your tan is developing.
- Apply tan directly to the hands and feet. Instead apply from the arm and leg and use a little tan for a natural finish.
- Wear tight restrictive clothing straight after tanning when you’ve used the Tanning Drops on your body.
- Use AHA or BHA exfoliants on your skin after tanning.
- Get out of the shower and fake tan straight away. You will be hot and your pores may still be open.
- Don’t rush. Ensure you cover every area.
You can find our NEW Tanning Drops here.
Lucy, CIBTAC accredited beauty therapist.
About Lucy Bee Limited
Any information provided by us is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease. We always recommend referring your health queries to a qualified medical practitioner. Members of the Lucy Bee team can only offer their best advice.
Lucy Bee is a lifestyle brand selling skincare and soap products all completely free from palm oil and with minimal use of plastic. Lucy Bee is concerned with Fair Trade, organic, ethical and sustainable living, recycling and empowering people to make informed choices and select quality, natural products for their skin.
What happens to you switch to a natural deodorant? Is there such thing as a transition period?
What is the difference between a deodorant and an antiperspirant?
Unsure how to use the Lucy Bee Natural Deodorant? Read this blog to find out more!