Fake Tan Dos and Don’ts - Self-Tan Mousse
- Exfoliate your body with a body brush or body scrub, this helps to remove dead skin cells, helping you get that even glow. You should aim to do this the day before you tan (and not the day of tanning!)
- If using on your face, exfoliate to remove dead skin cells. This will help your tan to glide on smoothly and encourage your glow to last longer. Again, we recommend doing this the day before you tan.
- Moisturize the day before tanning, make sure that your skin is moisturized and not dry on the lead up to tanning (again this helps to prevent any patches).
- Wax or shave the day before, not on the day you tan as the pores will be open, this could leave you with the dotty effect on your legs.
- Apply a small amount of moisturizer on any dry areas before applying the tan.
- Use the Lucy Bee Tanning mitt for the perfect application.
- Make sure your skin and tanning mitt are completely dry before applying tan.
- Wash your hands after applying the tan, you don’t want the tan to develop on your palms!
- Wear loose, dark clothes after tanning, to prevent rubbing it off.
- When rinsing off the tan mousse only use water, do not use any soap or shower gel.
- Keep skin moisturized after tanning, this will help with maintaining your tan.
- Shower over bathing to prolong the tan and pat dry rather than rub.
- Use the Lucy Bee AHA Dazzling Tonic to remove any unwanted tan on the palms of hands, nails, etc.
- Apply Lucy Bee Face Cream to nails prior to tanning to prevent staining.
- Apply all the way up until the hair line so the tan looks natural. Keep hair back with a headband to avoid staining.
- Apply any moisturizer, deodorant, perfume or makeup before you tan, as these can all impact how your tan sets and develops.
- Wear makeup or jewelry when you do your tan.
- Get sweaty while your tan is developing.
- Apply tan directly to the hands and feet. Instead apply from the arm and leg and use a little tan for a natural finish. Or try using the tanning drops instead of the mousse for a more controlled tan.
- Wear tight, restrictive clothing straight after tanning.
- Use AHA, BHA or physical exfoliants on your skin the same day as tanning.
- Get out of the shower and fake tan straight away. You will be hot and your pores may still be open.
- Don’t rush. Ensure you cover every area including tricky bits like the ankles and elbows.
Unsure where to start? Watch the video below
Shop the Lucy Bee Tan Products here
Lucy, CIBTAC accredited beauty therapist.
About Lucy Bee Limited
Any information provided by us is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease. We always recommend referring your health queries to a qualified medical practitioner. Members of the Lucy Bee team can only offer their best advice.
Lucy Bee is a lifestyle brand selling skincare and soap products all completely free from palm oil and with minimal use of plastic. Lucy Bee is concerned with Fair Trade, organic, ethical and sustainable living, recycling and empowering people to make informed choices and select quality, natural products for their skin.
Single-use cotton pads end up in landfill, whereas reusable can be used time and time again. Find out the impact single use can have on our planet
Both physical and chemical exfoliation help to remove dead skin cells, but what is the difference?